Mr Simon Thomson
Qualifications & Training
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Leeds since 2009
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Cambridge 2006 - 2009
- FRCS(Neuro.Surg) 2003. Norman Dott medal winner.
- FRCS(Eng) 1997, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- MB BS (Lond), St Thomas’s Hospital Medical School, University of London, 1994
- BSc Human Anthropology, University College London, 1991
- Spinal Neurosurgery:
- Mr Thomson has a broad interest in spinal surgery especially focussed on degenerative spinal disease.
- High Grade Tumour service:
- Mr Thomson has a broad interest in the management of high grade tumours especially high grade gliomas and brain metastases.
- Medical Education:
M R Guilfoyle, R A Weerakkody, A Oswal, I Oberg, C Jeffery, K Haynes, P J Kullar, D Greenberg, S J Jefferies, F Harris, S J Price, S Thomson* and C Watts* Implementation of neuro-oncology service reconfiguration in accordance with NICE guidance provides enhanced clinical care for patients with glioblastoma multiforme British Journal of Cancer (2011) 104, 1810–1815. www.bjcancer.com. May 2011.
- Mathew R. Guilfoyle, Richard J. Mannion, Patrick Mitchell, Simon Thomson. Epidural fentanyl for postoperative analgesia after lumbar canal decompression: a randomized controlled trial. The Spine Journal. Volume 12, Issue 8 , Pages 646-651, August 2012
- Mr Thomson can be contacted through his secretary at Leeds General Infirmary but please note Mr Thomson does not do private work.
Phone 0113 3923250