Mr Deb Pal
Qualifications & Training
Spine fellowship –Queen’s Medical centre, Nottingham. Oct 2008 to Sept 2009
FRCS( Surgical Neurology)- Oct 2007
- MRCS(Edin)- Oct 1999
Mr Pal’s elective work is wholly Spinal and his practice involves the following:
- Degenerative spinal conditions
- Neck and back pain
- Metastatic spinal disease
- Spinal trauma
- Degenerative lumbar scoliosis
- Minimally Invasive and complex spinal surgery
- 2007 Primary intra-dural spinal malignant melanoma mimicking a neurofibroma: report of a case. Kanastosis T, Bullock M, Pal D, Chakarbarty A, Chumas P Br J of neurosurgery 2007 Feb;21(1):39-40.
- 2007 A Diagnostic Dilemma: Cervical Myelopathy in the presence of Chiari I Malformation and Multilevel cord compression in a 79 year old woman. Bullock M, Anastosias T, Pal D, Towns G. Br J Neurosurg 2007 Apr;21(2):231-4.
- 2009 Paediatric intramedullary spinal cord cavernous malformations: Case report and review of the literature. Kolias A, Pal D, Shivane A, Ismail A, Tyagi A K . Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2009 Nov;111(9):784-8.
- 2010 Spinal epidural abscess with paraplegia following delayed presentation of traumatic esophageal perforation without spinal fracture: Lessons to be learnt. Baron R, Pal D, Crimmins D, Dexter S. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg 2010;36:247–9.
- 2010 Management of type II odontoid fractures in elderly- an Evidence based narrative review of management. Pal D, Sell P, Grevitt M. Euro Spine J. 12 Sept 2010.
- 2011 Insertion of cervical lateral mass screws. Does the trajectory vary among surgeons? Pal D, Magaji S, Bailey E, Boszczyk B. (Euro spine J, Feb 2011)
- Surgical outcome of Thoracic & Lumbar Instrumentations. A prospective audit of my practice from Sept 2009 to Sept 2011. Pal D
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Medical Defence Union
- AO Spine (Europe)
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Mr Pal can be contacted via his secretary at Leeds General Infirmary:
Medical Secretary to Mr N Gummerson & Mr D Pal
Room 153, Spinal Surgery Office
G Floor, Jubilee Wing
Leeds General Infirmary
Phone: 0113 392 2261
Fax: 0113 392 6453